Monday, April 18, 2011

Concerts...better late than never!

One of our favorite things to do is go to a concert. Whenever Jeff and I get a chance, we're there. We have been to rock, country, pop, classic rock...you name it! However, there are some that Jeff let's me have, like Bon Jovi. :) Last year, Bon Jovi came to Dallas, and we didn't get to make it. This year, Telena, Ms. Natalie and I vowed to make the trip to San Antonio to see the group. I know this is admitting my "nerd factor," but my sisters and I listened to Bon Jovi ALL THE TIME  when we were younger. True, Jesie was about four at the time, but she loved her some Bad Medicine.
Being 27 weeks pregnant at the time of this concert, I didn't know how I was going to handle it. We had seats in, well, let's call it the upper deck.  I wasn't able to stand the whole time, but I thought I help up pretty well for having been VERY pregnant. Telena, Ms. Natalie and I had a wonderful time!!! It was so much fun!! We did learn that they are coming to Houston in May, but I think my ability to enjoy a concert would be greatly diminished by the time they get here. :)



A couple days after Bon Jovi, Jeff and I made our annual trip the the Houston Livestock and Rodeo.  Performers come every night to the rodeo, which lasts for about 3 weeks, I believe. This year, I introduced Jeff to Jason Aldean and his music. He quickly became a fan. When I saw that he was coming to close the rodeo, we snatched up tickets! We got to see all of the championship rounds of the rodeo, and my favorite, Mutton Bustin' (yes, that is what they call it. Little kids ride sheep like cowboys ride bulls.) It's one of the cutest things ever! We had a great time watching that and then the concert! Jason Aldean puts on a GREAT show!!! My best friend, Drew, had told me that he did, and I do trust her judgement, but I had to see for myself.



That's the concert update for the past few months. There probably won't be many more of the concert blogs for a little while. :)

1 comment:

  1. I had a blast at Bon Jovi!!!!!! Even if we were "way up high" =)

    Love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete