Wednesday, March 9, 2011

NOLA!!!

Jeff and I had a couple more days before we had to get back to Houston after the festivities in Alabama, so, we decided to go through New Orleans and stay a night. It was the Monday night before Fat Tuesday. Of course, this is a HUGE deal in New Orleans. We stayed in Metaire, which is right outside of downtown New Orleans. When we got there Monday afternoon, we decided to go on downtown to check things out. We didn't want to be down there at night, due to the fact that I'm almost seven months pregnant and Bourbon Street is no place for a pregnant lady to be. It was CRAZY!!!!! There were so many people just walking down the street. They were dressed up in ridiculous outfits. It was definitely an experience.  Later, we decided to walk to the parade in Metaire. It wasn't very far from the hotel, thank goodness. We got there very early (neither of us had been to a Mardi Gras parade in New Orleans,) and we waited for the parade for about 2 hours. Once it got there, it was awesome!! It was definitely worth the wait!!
Downtown
All of the people!
Waiting for the parade to start
Zeus

We had such a great time at home and in New Orleans. I wish I would have gotten a picture of Jeff's "beard" that he grew while we were gone. :)
Next week is pretty eventful! We have a doctor's appointment Tuesday and Thursday, I am going with Teeny and Ms. Natalie to see my absolute favorite band, BON JOVI!!!!!! I have been obsessed with them for the longest time, and I am so happy that I finally get a chance to see them. So, stay tuned...

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you guys had such a great time!!! I wish you would have gotten a picture of Jeff's beard, too. :)

    Love you guys!!!!

    ReplyDelete