Monday, October 31, 2011

Sweet Home Alabama

A few months ago, Jeff got a call from his roomy in college saying that he was engaged!! We were so excited for him. David has been there for every part of our journey as a couple, so we wanted to be there for him, (Jeff and I actually started dating on David's birthday, 7 years ago!) The wedding was in Cullman, Al. Since it was in Alabama, I decided that Harrison and I would go home a few days early to spend some time with my family. We don't get to see them that much, and a lot of them haven't met Harrison yet. Katie and Taryn came out here a few days before to drive with Harrison and me. I was so thankful. It would have been so much harder to make an eight hour road trip by myself with a four-month old. Taryn and Harrison had so much fun, well, as much fun as two infants can have. They tried to eat each others' hands and hung out on the mat together! I will say though, these two kids are COMPLETE OPPOSITES! Taryn is more laid back. She is good wherever she is. Harrison loves to be entertained and is always moving! I am in serious trouble when he becomes mobile! My grandfather said that is just the boy in him.
Happy cousins!
We left last Friday, and made it home in about eight hours or so. They both did really well on the trip. Harrison got a little fussy around Mobile, but we stopped to eat, and he was happy as a clam! It was a little late by the time we got to my mom's (they were in Butler, Al for Jesie's football game.) We stopped by to see my grandparents. As you may remember, they met Harrison when he was about half the size he is now. He LOVED them! He was cracking up at Paw-paw! They were best buds!  Nanny and Paw-paw have 9 grandkids and 5 great-grandkids now, so they know their stuff! Harrison got hungry, so we went to Mom's and let him eat and got him ready for bed. In the mornings, after Harrison ate, he would spend some time with Gigi (my mom) while I got a little bit more sleep.  It was so nice! My Nanny's birthday was earlier that week, so Mom and them planned a party that Sunday that we were home. A lot of the family came and we got to eat roast. Nanny and Paw-paw usually fix one when I come home, because they know it's my absolute favorite!!!!! We spent our time home shopping, visiting and relaxing! We got to go see my dad's mom, Me-me. We also saw my dad's brother and his wife the night we got there. We went to eat, and they came in! I got to go see some friends from high school, and we saw Drew and her family. Harrison loved Honey (Drew's mom) and Brantley. Harrison also got to meet our sweet friend, Jamia and her family.  It was so wonderful to see family and friends. Harrison LOVED it there. He got to be outside all the time, and ride the golf cart. The weather was wonderful. It actually felt like fall! I took a lot of pictures, but not as many as I would have liked. I didn't get one of Harrison and my mom, or Aunt Laura, or Katie, or Jamia. I dropped the ball on that one. :(
Harrison and Taryn

Aunt Jesie decided to feed H his cereal...

and this is what he looked like afterwards.



Hanging out with Nanny and Paw-paw.

He convinced Paw-paw to let him drive. :)

H and Me-me.

T and Me-me.

Bath time! 

"Give me that bear!"
I loved going home. I was very excited to see Jeff that Thursday, but I did not want to leave home, especially since Harrison seemed like he had such a good time. We miss everyone so much already!!



No comments:

Post a Comment