Saturday, December 10, 2011

Harrison's First Night Away

Jeff's week was a little mixed up this week due to some training for Hyundai and the Grand Opening at the dealership, so instead of him having his usual Wednesday off, he had Friday. I finally bit the bullet and decided that I would see if Harrison could stay with Gammy and Jeff and I could have a night to ourselves. Jeff's mom gladly agreed, although I think she was very surprised that I asked if he could stay the night. Harrison is just now starting to have separation anxiety, but I have been having it since June 18! Jeff and I dropped Harrison off around 5 Friday afternoon. It was very hard to leave our sweet boy, but I managed to walk out the door. We went to eat at Cheesecake Factory. We were going to go watch a movie afterwards, but halfway through dinner, Jeff said that he was very tired and he may not make it through the movie. I was so glad that he said it. I was very tired as well! So, yes, our first night without the baby and we were home watching TV by 7 p.m. and were asleep by 10 p.m.  It's funny how your weekend plans change when you become parents.
I went to pick Harrison up around ten this morning. I could have went earlier since I was awake at 7:15!! Natalie said that he slept very well last night, and did very well. He did not like his bath, however.  He seems to be particular about how he gets clean.
I missed him so much, and I was so excited to see him!
Thanks Gammy for letting Harrison come to his first spend-the-night party!!

No comments:

Post a Comment