Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Vacation 2012

We were SO excited to go on vacation this year. We haven't been on a real vacation since the summer of 2008. A while ago, we decided that when we go to the beach, we would go with Drew, Matt and Brantley.  Drew and I have been best friends for over ten years, and Jeff and Matt have become really good friends in the past couple of years.  We decided to go to Destin. We love the beach, and it's where Jeff and I got married. :) We left Columbus Saturday afternoon and drove to Alabama. My mom kept Harrison for a couple of days so that we could have some adult beach time. P.S. I think I still have worse separation anxiety than Harrison. Mom and Paul got a new fish tank, so Harrison was done with me and Jeff.
By the time we got to Destin Saturday, we were too exhausted to do anything. We met Drew and Matt for some late night waffles and hamburgers, then headed back to the condo. Sunday was beach day! It was so nice! The weather was awesome. There was just a little seaweed and no jellyfish! That night, we went to AJ's for dinner. After AJ's, we took a walk on the boardwalk. When we headed down there, we heard some music. We didn't think anything of it, and kept walking. We came up on a concert by JT Hodges. For those of you who do not know him, he is a country music singer just getting his start.  He was AWESOME!!! Even Jeff said that he liked him, and Jeff isn't the biggest country fan. We sat right in front. It was such a great little surprise.
Me, JT, and Drew

Me and JT
Monday, was low key. We just hung out at the beach and ate at the condo that night. Tuesday, Mom brought Brantley and Harrison down to the beach and stayed for a bit.  Harrison LOVED the sand. The waves...not so much. I would stand at the edge of the water, and he would have a tight grip on me! We stayed out there for the rest of the day, then just ate in again.
Wednesday, I woke up and my lips were swollen! Those of you who know me, know that I can look at the sun or something spicy and they swell up. I decided that Wednesday, I would not be in the sun. So...we went shopping! Drew, Harrison and I spent most of the day at the Silver Sands Outlet Center. Matt, Jeff and Brantley went go carting, went to Bass Pro Shop and Dippin' Dots. That night, we went out to Fudpuckers to eat (and buy t shirts.) I would like to apologize to the good people at Fudpuckers for all of the food my child left under his high chair. Apparently, he thought that Sam was gonna come and finish it up. :)
Thursday, we spent the day at the beach and the pool. Harrison LOVED the pool. It wasn't too cold or too hot in there. We got him a cute little float, and he was set.  Friday, it was our last full day, so we spent the entire day at the beach. FINALLY, Harrison decided that he loved the ocean. The waves were a lot calmer that day, so Jeff took him out. As long as he wasn't surprised by a big wave, he was good! He still loved playing in the sand (and eating some of it.) We ate at McGuire's that night. Afterwards, Drew, Harrison and I headed back to the condo while the guys and B went and played some mini golf. Harrison was so exhausted, so we chose to let him go to sleep.
He chose this week to wake up before 6 a.m. everyday that he was there! Needless to say, we both needed some sleep on the way home.
Harrison and Jeff playing in the sand...Matt was burying Brantley in the background.

SAND!!
Note: He got his first really boo-boo reaching for some food. :(

My little beach bum. :)

Loving the water!

Gotta watch out for those waves!

My absolute favorite!!!

Brantley and Harrison

:)

Me and Drew

Our Kunkles!

At McGuire's
Saturday, after we left, we went back to Mom's and had an early dinner with my grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins. Harrison and Taryn played for a while. He also played with Aunt Jesie and Cooper in the pool.
LOVE this!!! It's Katie, Taryn, Jesie, Harrison and me...Cooper is back there looking for bugs!

We had such a great time with the Kunkles. It was also wonderful to take Harrison on his first beach trip. Jeff and I were both little beach bums when we were little, so we want him to carry it on. :) Hopefully, it won't be four years before our next vacation. Thanks to my mom, Paul and Jesie for looking after H for the first couple of days!!


No comments:

Post a Comment