Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Happy 50th Anniversary!

The weekend of October 16, we had a celebration of 50 years of marriage for Jeff's grandparents.  What a busy weekend! I'm pretty sure planning started way back in the summer, but when I got to work in August, it really took off. Invitations, food, cake, gifts, and all that party jazz.
That Friday, Jeff and I left work a little early to get the boys and head to the airport to pick up some VIPs.  Gammy, Teeny, Reese, Grayson and tiny growing baby Lucas. *The last time I saw him was in July, and we will say that he has grown SO much!!* We got back to the house, ordered some pizza and caught up, finally! Grayson's birthday was the day before, so he had a couple gifts to take care of.  The kids missed each other so very much.  Saturday morning, when Jeff and I got up, Teeny was already feeding all the kids waffles. I think every one of them ate two! Hungry kids in the morning.  We headed out around noon, so that we could go by and see the guests of honor, then head to the hotel for the start of the Bama and Texas A & M game, (priorities people!)
I got ready and headed on over to the restaurant (Grille 29 in Huntsville) to set up what I needed to. It was already set up very nicely, and it was the perfect place for a party.  We had an awesome time that night.  The kids played, we heard memories about Bob and Viv, we ate, and we ate...more. Although, in the midst of all the eating, I forgot to write my favorite memory of the couple....Julia, Judy, Jeff's friend, anybody?
NaeNae (aka, Gammy, Natalie) and me. Love!!!

Me and my big boy.
How grown does he look here?


Baby Lucas! Don't you just want to eat  him up?!

Huddy wasn't really into a lot of photos that night, but I managed to get one. 

The sweet girl who made me an aunt, Reese. Missed this girl so much!!

yummmm! CAKE!!!

Just 42 years shy of our 50th....
Love him!

The happy couple.

Teeny and me...missed her!!

He said, "silly face!'

Grayson and H. It's nice that G is in the middle of my boys.  One time, you would see him playing with H, and then, two minutes later, he was with Huddy.

All five of the grandkids!
P.S. notice the bands around Huddy. He found them while we were unpacking at some point. I used them for Baby Boot Camp back in the day. Since he found them, he has been walking with them, carrying them, not sharing them.  He calls them his, "workout" and he uses them to make his arms get strong. You can think his Aunt Katie Linam for all the workout lingo. :)
We had a ton of fun at the party, but I have to say, there was a weight lifted when we got back to the hotel after the party. Everything went off without a hitch.
Sunday, we had to take everyone back to the airport. It was very sad, but we will have them here for a whole week in November for Thanksgiving!! Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment