Tuesday, August 16, 2011

8 Weeks with our sweet little boy!!!

I have been asked by family members to update the blog to share Harrison with everyone.  These past eight weeks have been so wonderful with him. Things have changed so much in just the past few weeks! He is finally getting into a routine (mostly at night, we're still working on the daytime.) This past Friday night, he slept from 9:30 to 4, which was a big step up. Then, Saturday night, he slept from 9 to 5! I had to wake him up at 5.  I seriously thought something was wrong with the boy. Jeff, of course, was as calm as could be and told me that I was overreacting and this is what kids do. Sunday night, he slept from 9 to 6! We had a little setback last night, but hopefully, we will get back on track tonight.

Harrison:

-can hold his head up for a little while (and hold it steady for the most part. I still get a head to the mouth every once in a while.)
-smiles ALL THE TIME!!!
-LOVES his baths!! Last night, he splashed himself! It scared him at first, but then he just kept doing it.
-will sit in his dad's lap and just watch sports. He's learning early, but in this family, I would have expected nothing less.
-also loves his play mat.  Look for a video as soon as I figure out why it won't post. :)
-still loves to be outside! Jeff, Harrison, Sam and I go for walks when Jeff is off or gets home early.
-likes tummy time for a few minutes.

Next week, we have Harrison's 2 month appointment. Mama is so not ready for that one. He has to get shots.  Jeff is going with us, because after the NICU, I know that I won't be able to handle it. We also get to welcome Reese back next week. Big cousin has been in Cape Cod visiting her grandmother, and we sure have missed her around here.


Enjoy!!








2 comments:

  1. Love the pirate shirt pic---so funny!!! The last picture in the tub, he looks like both of you! I just love him to pieces!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks like he's having a laughing fit in the first pic.... :-) I love all the pics, love my Lil Peanut,too.....give him hugs and kisses for me.

    Love you guys!!!!

    ReplyDelete