Monday, November 28, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thursday, we went over to Teeny and Jarod's house for Thanksgiving. I agreed to do the turkey.  It was a little ambitious, but I figured I had to start sometime. All the food was awesome!!  Jeff even had his pumpkin pie. :) His Aunt Cheryl would always make one just for him, and since we aren't in Mississippi with her, I made him one. I messed up the crust, but Jeff said it taste good. Now, he could have just been sparing my feelings.  Either way, thanks honey!!  Michael did eat one piece, but the rest was all Jeff.
Harrison decided that he wasn't up for all of the Thanksgiving commotion, so he slept through dinner and the festivities after. He finally woke up around 4:30 (he slept for 3 hours!) He was so tired.
After dinner, we played Guesstures. It was boys against girls! Jeff, Michael and Jarod against Teeny, Katie and myself. The girls won! I'd like to say I'm surprised, but I'm not. I did have a bit of an issue with the word, "towel." Apparently, I don't dry off like other people. Both teams did really well, (the boys had a little help from the peanut gallery, otherwise known as Terry Luker.) However, if you ever want to see a "friendly" competition, don't come to the Lukers! Talk about competitive. I have to admit, I am very competitive, especially playing Jeff. Anyway, it didn't get too ugly and we were still friends when we left. :)
Here are some pics from the day. I wish I would have taken a picture of the food, but again, I dropped the ball!

So sweet!!

This was after he woke up from his nap! Amazing what a long nap will do. :)

Our first Thanksgiving as a family of  three!!

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures!! I know he really enjoyed the pumpkin pie. Love and miss ya'll.

    ReplyDelete