Saturday, July 2, 2011

He's Here, He's Here!!


After 41 weeks, we finally have our baby boy!!! Yes, 41 weeks!!! I was due on June 10, and June 10 came and went.  When we went to the doctor the week of my due date, he told me that if everything checked out, the next week I could be induced. Everything checked out. We were supposed to call the hospital on Wednesday morning at 5:00 a.m. to check and see what time we had to be there for the induction. I called and was told that they were full, and they would just call us when a bed opened up. About two hours later, Dr. Giannotti called. Bad news. Apparently, everybody in The Woodlands decided to go in and have their babies Tuesday night.  My induction was pushed back until Saturday. By then I would be a medical induction, so I would take priority over elective inductions. :) We got to the hospital at 6:00 a.m. on Saturday, and again, they were full. We got into a room around 8:00 a.m. They started the pitocin, and we were on our way!
Around 11:00 or so, Dr. Giannotti came in to break my water. I was up to 5 cm. I asked for the epidural, and got it just a few minutes later. I was counting on that magic medicine. It didn't work...at first. The nurse handed me a button that I could push whenever I started feeling the contractions again. Needless to say, I wore that button out!! I kept progressing until I got to 8 cm. Then, it all stopped! Dr. G came in and said that we couldn't turn up the pitocin because the baby wasn't handling it well. I had to have a C-section. I had a small breakdown, but luckily, my husband is the most wonderful man I know. He calmed me down (as much as I could be calmed down.) We went in the OR, and I was given the spinal block. Well, just like the epidural, it didn't work. I felt the first couple of cuts. So....I had to be put under and Jeff had to leave the room. It was the scariest day of my life (until a couple days later.)  When I woke up, everyone was going on about this beautiful little boy that we had. And he is so beautiful!
Harrison Jennings Luker was born at 6:33 p.m. on Saturday, June 18, 2011. He was 7 lbs. and 5 oz. and 20.25 inches long!! He was a very healthy little boy!
The road to have this amazing little boy was very long and hard, but it was very well worth it. God had blessed our family beyond measure with Harrison!! Thank you to all our family and friends for their love and support throughout the past two and a half years!! Now...enjoy the pictures. :)
Jeff and I before labor started!

Jesie got bored, so she recruited Natalie and Teeny to play Phase 10. It got pretty intense.

After a long day, he made it!!

Gigi and Harrison.

The proud papa!

Mimi and Papa


We start em out early. :)

Reese and Gammy. Reese was a little skittish that night, but when she came back the next day, she was ready to hold Baby Cousin!

Please excuse the swollen face. :)

Aunt Katie, Reese and Baby Cousin.

Gammy and Harrison.

Uncle Michael.


I am going to have to steal the picture from Aunt Teeny's blog of her holding Harrison. My photographer fell down on the job. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment